The MadCap Store - Coffee
- Ardi Ethiopia $19.00
- Borana Ethiopia $20.00
- Bubezi Bubezi $17.00
- Decaf Las Serranias Colombia $17.00
- Ethiopia Tasting Package $70.00
- Kanzu Rwanda $17.50
- Kathakwa Kenya $21.00
- Luis Reinoso Colombia $20.00
- Reko Ethiopia $18.50
- Roasters Choice Monthly Package $125.00
- San Sebastian Colombia $18.00
- Six One Six Blend $15.00
- Summer Solstice Blend $18.50
- Third Coast Blend $15.00
- Third Coast Monthly Package $115.00
- Yirgacheffe Ethiopia $18.50
Varietal Series$55.00 8 - 45gram tins
- Tasting Notes
- Produced by
- Gloria, Majo, Luis and Roberto Rodriguez
- Apaneca, El Salvador
- Included Varieties
- Typica, Bourbon, Yellow Bourbon, Caturra, Yellow Caturra, Pacas, Pacamara, Elefante
- 1,400-1,500 m.a.s.l.
- Washed and dried in raised beds
- February 2014
- All Orders
- Roasted and shipped on August 11, 2014
- Shipping to the US and Canada only
The Varietal Series is back again! With extensive planning, separation, care and learning how to do unorthodox uber-micro lot export - we present the Madcap Varietal Series. The Series gives the opportunity to experience 8 unique single varieties that are grown by our friends in Apaneca, El Salvador. The series includes everything from the original identified varieties, to mutations, hybrids and even a recently discovered and unknown cultivar. The line-up includes Caturra, Pacamara, Orange Bourbon, Yellow Bourbon, Typica, Bourbon, Elefante and Pacas. The series is a result of careful cultivation and processing of all 8 coffees that are grown in close proximity to one another between the elevation of 1,400-1,500 meters. All of the coffees are harvested ripe by hand, de-pulped, fermented, then fully washed and patio dried to properly highlight the nuance of each variety. Thanks to the whole Rodriguez family - Gloria, Majo, Luis and Roberto - for all the hard work and the great coffee!
The package includes 45 grams of each coffee. This is enough to flush your grinder and brew 24 oz. Or perhaps 2 smaller brews. Only 150 Variety Series Packages are available. The coffee will be roasted fresh and shipped out Monday August 11, 2014.
Typica: Deep, dark chocolate, nuts.
Bourbon: Juicy, citrus and syrupy.
Yellow Bourbon: Vibrant, citrus and clean.
Caturra: Syrupy, earthy and chocolate.
Yellow Caturra: Green apple, crips, clean.
Pacas: Medium body, citrus and floral.
Pacamara: Floral, creamy and citrus.
Elefante: Juicy, delicate and floral.